* Provide accounting support - preparation and entering of journal entries, reconciliation and analysis of accounts, assist in month-end closings, etc
* Assist in preparation of sales tax returns and payment of taxes to various states
* Preparation of cash receipts and bank deposits, posting of receipts to accounts receivable
* Posting of invoices to customer on-line systems
* Backup for sales order processing
* Assist with preparation of year end audit
* Backup for front desk and phones
* Maintains Aspen core values - honesty, loyalty, positive attitude, and creative solutions.
* Supports the company goal of helping people succeed.
* Good verbal communication skills
* Able to organize times, paperwork, and work duties
* Able to prioritize daily functions and multiple tasks
* Computer literacy - skills in Microsoft Word, Excel skills, familiar with database software
* Accounting experience and background, familiar with journal entries, general ledgers and trial balances, account reconciliations and analysis, financial statements, etc
* Approaches problems and work situations in a positive "can do" manner
* 2 or 4-year accounting degree
Aspen Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, color or creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran's status, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, status with regard to public assistance or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.